In wake of AMC Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation, Indian Institute of Public Health, Gandhinagar, National Resources Defence Council, USA and IMD India Meteorology Department has jointly deviced a heat action plan to combat hot summer has issued public notification for people to prevent from heat stroke in hot summer.
As per IMD prediction temperature of Ahmedabad will remain above 46 degree Celsius. Total 50 cases of heat stroke in Gujarat have been registered with 44 from Ahmedabad and 6 from out of Ahmedabad. Death toll due to heat stroke reached 4 with, 3 death from Ahmedabad.
Today 20 new heat stroke cases were registered including 19 from Ahmedabad.
People are advised
- to consume more water, butter milk and juices
- Avoid moving in hot sun for longer time
- wear cotton clothes
- rest at cooler places
- to take special care of kids, pregnant women and aged
Symptoms of heat stroke are as follows:
- Throbbing headache.
- Dizziness and light-headedness.
- Lack of sweating despite the heat.
- Red, hot, and dry skin.
- Muscle weakness or cramps.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Rapid heartbeat, which may be either strong or weak.
- Rapid, shallow breathing.
If above symptoms appear, need to consult doctor immediately and call 108 Ambulance.