Tata Motors to launch TATA NEXON Automatic AMT with HyprDrive Self-Shift Gears
- First A.M.T option in India with Multi-Drive modes (3 drive modes – ECO, CITY, SPORT), available in both petrol and diesel variants
- ‘Manual Tip-Tronic’ mode to shift gears manually while enjoying a clutch free drive experience
- Crawl function with Smart Hill Assist for convenience in ‘stop – and – go’ city traffic
- Intelligent transmission controller with features such as anti-stall, kick-down and fast-off for an enthralling drive experience
- Exciting new Etna Orange body colour with a Sonic Silver dual-tone roof option
- First-in-class wearable key to aid the active lifestyle
- Introducing ‘IMAGINATOR’ – an online platform to visualize and customize the NEXON
Mumbai May 2, 2018: Driving the A.M.T market with its class leading products, Tata Motors today announced the launch of its latest and the most awaited product in this segment – the TataNEXONHyprDrive Self – Shift Gears (S-SG).With the introduction of the TataNEXONHyprdrive S-SG, Tata Motors has branded all its 2 pedal transmission cars as ‘HyprDrive’ while all the AMT variants from the Company will be now be termed as Self-Shift Gears (S-SG).
Launched at a starting price of INR. 9.41 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi, for the petrol variant (1.2L turbocharged Revotron) and at INR.10.3 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi, for the Diesel variant (1.5L turbocharged Revotorq), the Tata NEXON HyprDrive S-SGis the first AMT in India to have Multi-Drive modes (3 modes – ECO, CITY and SPORT).
According to Mr. Mayank Pareek, President- Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, “Our focus is to introduce products and services that not only enhance the brand, but simultaneously align well with the rising aspirations of customer segments. AMT as a transmission is ideally suited for India’s traffic conditions, reducing the stress of driving at an affordable price, without compromising on fuel efficiency. With the introduction of the Hyprdrive S-SG in the NEXON, we aim to tap a larger market and increase our market share in not only the Compact SUV segment but also the AMT segment. Additionally, understanding the growing need for personalization among Indian customers, weare introducing the ‘IMAGINATOR’ – our online platform to visualize and customize the NEXON.”
Sporting the all-new Etna Orange color with a Sonic Silver dual-tone roof option, the Tata NEXONHyprdrive S-SG comes with best-in-class ground clearance of 209 mm. Extensively loaded with features, the car is equipped with an intelligent transmission controller, which includes features such as anti-stall, kick-down and fast-off; helping optimize the automatic gearshifts to provide best power output during overtaking maneuvers or quick accelerationrequirements. This combined with 110PS power output from turbocharged motors results in an enthralling andsporty drive experience like no other.