Today morning two tents were burnt in a minor fire at Rann Utsav in Tent City of Kutch at Dhordo some 80 kms from Bhuj. It is a famous tourist destination of Gujarat.No casualty were reported from the site. Short-circuit in a water heater may have caused the fire said the official. Tent city fire was brought under control.
There were 350 tents in tent city. An NRI family from America lost their clothes, valuables, credit cards, driving licenses and two passports.
Organisers have shown readiness to refund money on future bookings and transport. They claim to have arrangements of fire tanker and fire fighters, extinguishers at the site.