In celebration of Women’s History Month and to encourage greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at Indian higher education institutions, the U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai and the University of Notre Dame bring you “Championing Women Leaders in Higher Education,” a free online discussion on ways to achieve greater participation of women in senior positions in higher education. This event will initiate dialogue about the importance of female perspectives in tertiary education, noting the disparity between the significant numbers of women faculty in education and the smaller number that reach senior positions. The event will offer insight into how higher education institutions can advocate for and be more inclusive of female faculty and staff in senior positions and galvanize support for these efforts. Faculty, teachers, professors, and senior administrators from Indian schools, colleges, and universities are invited to participate in this virtual event, which will feature input from a panel of experts in the field.
Session: Championing Women Leaders in Higher Education
Date: Friday, March 25, 2022
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. IST
- Participants will gain insight into female leadership at higher education institutions in the United States and India, including how title IX revolutionized women’s participation in higher education in the United States.
- Panelists will discuss biases that senior female leaders face at higher education institutions and how these challenges can be addressed to better support women leaders.
- Ms. Tamarind Murrietta, Commercial Counselor, the U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai
- Dr. Rajani Gupte, Vice Chancellor, Symbiosis International University
- Dr. Gloria Thomas, President, Higher Education Resource Services (HERS)
- Dr. Maura Ryan, Vice President and Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs, University of Notre Dame
Registration is mandatory.
For any queries, please write to AvariBK@state.gov
Ms. Behrooz K.Y. Avari, Education Outreach Specialist, Public Diplomacy Section, U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai
U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai
C-49, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex
Mumbai 400 051, INDIA